3rd East African Finance Summit
UN Conference Center
About the 3rd EAF Summit
The Third Annual East Africa Finance Summit (3rd AEAFs) has been official launched with the theme-2018 “Financing the future of East Africa”!
The summit will be held on December 18 and 19, 2018 at United Nation ECA Conference Center in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. The annual East Africa Finance Summit (EAFS) is being conducted for the third time, through the public-private partnership between The i-Capital Africa Institute, FDRE Public Finance Enterprises Agency, Jimma University and Addis Ababa University.
The Annual East Africa Finance Summit (EAFs) is becoming a brand event within the region that creates a crucial platform discharged to engage major regional and international stakeholders that shape the future of financial sector within East Africa.
The 1st East Africa Finance Summit was held in December 14-15, 2016 at the UN-ECA in Addis Ababa Ethiopia. The introductory remark was delivered by the President of Addis Ababa University at the time, Prof. Admasu Tsegaye and the director general of FDRE Public finance enterprise agency, HE DR. Sintayehu W/Micheal conveyed the keynote address.
Erstwhile, the 2nd Annual East Africa Finance Summit (2nd Annual EAFS) was held on December 19 and 20, 2017. The main theme of the summit was “Preparing for Tomorrow: building proactive finance sector in East Africa”. The FDRE President, H.E. Dr. Mulatu Teshome provided opening remark at the summit as the Guest of honor.
Speakers at the summit included; Zemedeneh Negatu, the Global Chairman of Fairfax Africa Fund, LLC (US), Ethiopia, and Mr. Richard Ketley, Partner and Director of Genesis Analytics, in South Africa, presented on their respective papers “Capital Markets in Ethiopia – Why Now?” and “Strategic Challenges of Merger and Acquisition”.
The i-Capital Africa Institute annually organizes knowledge sharing platforms pertaining different sectors such as the East Africa Finance summit, the East Africa Cement, Concrete and Energy summit and an annual conference on the Human Capital Development in Africa.
These knowledge sharing platforms (KSP) are organized in the form of summits, conference, forums and other forms at national, regional and continental levels to enhance knowledge and experience sharing within the region and provide a platform for critical voices of the sector to come together and discuss challenges, share experiences, network and match make for sustainable business relationships.
The Conference will feature expert presenters representing diverse settings, including:
- Cost containment in East Africa finance sector
- WTO accession and convergence possibilities in Ethiopian finance sector
- Cyber security issues and the finance sector in East Africa
- New product development trends in East Africa Finance Sector
- The power balance between financial technology companies and traditional banks
- Digital banking in East Africa Finance Sector
- Participatory policy and regulation
- Growth trends of East African finance sector
- Trends of financial inclusion in the East Africa Finance Sector
- Financial reporting
- Sustainability and effectiveness of insurance companies investment
- Secondary markets
- Human capital development and management
- Innovation and Market responsiveness
- Corporate governance
- Merger and acquisitions in the finance sector
- Challenges of Foreign exchange market
- Innovation and electronic services in the finance sector
- Practices of motor insurance in East Africa insurance business
- Collaboration and Networking in East Africa financial sector.
United Nation Conference Center, Addis Ababa
Arat-Killo, Elsabet Bldg #209, Arada Sub-City
Office Phone:+251 11 812 06 00
Mobile Phone+251 91 162 90 11