… cementing the gaps …
The 3rd Annual East Africa Cement, Concrete and Energy Summit
The 3rd Annual East Africa Cement, Concrete and Energy Summit was successfully conducted on August 1st and 2nd, 2018 at UN-ECA Conference Center in Addis Ababa,...
Guest of Honor
Ministry of Construction
Ministry of Science and Technology
The i-Capital Africa Institute
Assistant Professor, Addis Ababa University
Adama Science & Technology University
Chemical and Construction Input Industries Development Institute (CCIIDI)
Ethiopia Construction project Management Institute (ECPMI)
CEO, Derba MIDROC Cement
About the Summit
Annual East Africa Cement, Concrete and Energy Summit (Annual EA-CCES) is an annual knowledge sharing platform designed to facilitate and support the development of cement, concrete and energy industries in the region. The 1st & 2nd Annual EA-CCES was successfully organized on March 17th – 20th, 2016 & April 19th – 20th, 2017 at the AU and UNECA Conference Center respectively.
Delegates from different countries took part on the Summit as exhibitors and conference participants. In general, the platform provided an opportunity to bring key players of the three sectors together from business leaders, policy makers, academia, technology suppliers, researchers and more.
This 3rd Annual EA-CCES intends to capitalize of the gains and lessons from the previous Summits. The main theme for August 2018 is “Sustainability of cement and concrete investments in East Africa”. Like the previous summits, the main purpose of this Annual EA-CCES is also to provide a convenient platform for key players of the industries’ development where they all come together to network and address critical issues as well as set-out strategic directions shaping the future of cement, concrete, and energy industries.
In East Africa, there is a significant investment opportunity to invest on these sectors of the economy. Countries in this region are among those quickly growing while cement, concrete and alternative energy industries are yet taking off from a lower base.
This upcoming event is being jointly organized by The i-Capital Africa Institute, Cement Technology Center of Adama Science and Technology University (CTC-ASTU) and Ethiopian Cement Producers Association (ECPA) with strategic partnerships from Chemical and Construction Input Industries Development Institute (CCIIDI) and Ethiopian Construction Projects Management Institute (ECPMI).
Therefore, we kindly welcome participation from potential investors, business leaders, technology suppliers, policy makers, researchers and others interested from the region and all over the world. You can apply to participate on any of our Summit components: exhibition, conference and/or seminar.
Sub-themes for the Conference on which paper presentations and panel discussions will be made include but not limited to:
- Impacts of foreign currency shortage on cement, concrete, and energy investments
- Environment, corporate social responsibility and business ethics in cement and construction sectors
- Alternative energy management and cost reduction
- Policy and regulatory challenges of cement and alternative energy investments
- Policy and regulatory challenges of concrete investment
- Steel prices hikes and its impact on cement and construction sectors
- Human capital productivity and talent development in cement and concrete sectors
- Advanced technologies for cement and concrete manufacturing
- Challenges of innovation in cement and concrete sectors
- Quality and standards for cement, concrete and alternative energy
- Potentials and new opportunities for cement, concrete and alternative energy investments
- Infrastructure and logistics challenges for cement, concrete and energy investments
- Any other topics related to the Theme-2018 are welcome
PARTICIPATION & REGISTRATION
For participation on the Summit, you have three options. You may choose to participate on any or all of them.
Exhibit your products or services at the Summit and benefit from matchmaking and networking opportunities.
Who are Exhibiting?
- Technology suppliers for cement, concrete and alternative energy companies
- Companies from cement, concrete and energy sectors and more
Conference & Panel Discussion
Theme: “Sustainability of cement and concrete investment in East Africa”
Conference Speakers & Panelists
Our speakers and panelists on the conference are from diversified backgrounds including individuals who have established enormous reputation in their respective areas of research and practice.
They are from researchers, policy makers, regulators, industry leaders, practitioners, consultants and more coming from various countries and regions.
What should you expect?
- Networking & Matchmaking Opportunities
- Knowledge & Experience Sharing Forums
- Insights about Latest Developments in East Africa’s Cement, Concrete & Energy Sectors
- Opportunities to meet Technology Suppliers, CEO’s and Decision Makers at One Place
- Outcomes of the Summit will be Published as Proceedings
- And More….
SPONSOR THE SUMMIT
SPONSOR this important Summit and benefit from available opportunities. Depending on sponsorship status you choose, available benefits PACKAGES include but not limited to appear on:
- Book of abstracts
- Electronic displays
- Roll-ups and banners
- Notepads, websites and registration packs
- Appear on e-communications
- Acknowledgement by Master of Ceremony
- Free exhibition booth, participation on training and conference
- Placed on 3000 copies of Summit proceedings to be published & distributed
Sponsoring this event is a great corporate image building opportunity for your organization. Detail benefit packages are available separately.
United Nation Conference Center, Addis Ababa
Arat-Killo, Elsabet Bldg #209, Arada Sub-City
Office Phone:+251 11 812 06 00
Mobile Phone+251 91 162 90 11
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia